The older I get, the less stock I put on the number attached to a birthday. Maybe because my number is 40. I feel young, but sometimes I feel old. Have you ever felt that way?
Here are some observations of why I feel this way:
1. My style in music rarely deviates from what I was listening to a decade ago.
2. My waist size keeps expanding and my "big" pants don't seem that way anymore.
3. Nose hair. What's that about?
4. The barber asks if I want my eyebrows trimmed.
5. The barber just goes ahead and trims my ear hair.
Here are some observations on why I won't always feel this way:
1. I am starting to exercise (as of this morning). Who wants to be the old dad that can't keep up with his whippersnappers?
2. I have changed my diet (as of yesterday). My goal is not to be the chubbiest - skinny, guy at the beach. Isn't that an oxymoron?
3. I have started to expand my musical horizons to Bluegrass (Alison Kraus).
4. I am determined not to buy bigger waisted pants.
5. As for the hair thing...sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
6. Again on the music thing. There's nothing wrong with a little old with the new. Right now I'm listening to "Atlantic CIty" (live version-not from Nebraska).