Sunday, May 20, 2007

Here's whats up: Benny knows his ABC's and can count to 10. We are doing some minor construction in the house and his allergies are kicking up. Luckily I played golf with his pediatrician on Saturday, who suggested Children's Claritin--1/2 tablet. His nose pretty much dried up, etc...however, he is acting like he's on speed. This was also confirmed by my Sunday School sources. Just like when we gave him Codeine...Benny is hopping off the walls. I love him just the same, but come on..take a nap, please!

Last night I was rocking him and he said "Love You Daddy". That is my highlight for the week. There's something quite reassuring when you receive unsolicited affection from your child, don't you think. Even if it is limited to 3 words.

Bennys' Mama was in Boston this week, and managed to catch up with some Colorado/California friends on the same trip. She was excited to rekindle the friendships and conversations.

This weekend, we rec'd the Holt International monthly magazine. It is hard to think of having another child in the house, but I am really looking forward to this process for our little girl from Korea. I don't even know if she is born, but we have faith that God has planned our family from the beginning. Because of this, I do not worry about the details. Infant/Young Girl/Sibling Group/Special Needs Child.....it does not matter to me one iota. He is in control. After all, Benny was originally supposed to be a Korean Girl...and look what God blessed us with...our sweet Latino! There was a touching article in the magazine of a little girl in a Korean orphanage that was needing her Forever Family. By the end of the article, I was ready to hop a flight and pick her up.


This week is going to be busy, but come next week, I know for a fact that Benny is looking forward to seeing Decker, Drew, Jessica, Carly and Abby...among others.

-------------------------
Books on my stand:

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
The Power Of Positive Living by Norman Vincent Peale
The Mens Study Bible

-------------------------
Ed, that was a stellar class today. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

2 comments:

Ed. Tritschler said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Isn't it amazing how a child can mold and shape us? You are caught up in the Lord's design for your life.

Grace and Peace,