Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's been awhile since I've written down some thoughts running in my head. This past month has been a blur of challenges and changes both personally and professionally. While it's not been a pleasant month on a certain levels, at other levels, life has been quite satisfying. Sounds manic, but that's life in the big city.

I am determined not to watch the news on TV until after the election. Every story is depressing, with no good news on the horizon. Who needs that?

I am also determined to think of a few things I'm thankful for (think of this as a simple exercise to clear my head of clutter and a bad attitude):

1. I am thankful that Everlie has been sick. This is teaching me patience and allowing me to focus on her tiny little head on my shoulder. She is sweet.

2. I am thankful I have been sick. This is teaching me patience. I appreciate Tony Martin putting a purchase order in for another Plastic Bubble. Many people have this joke that I'm the boy in the plastic bubble, since I catch everything. Tony was just worried my original bubble is contaminated.

3. I am thankful my wife is going back to having her own office. What is better than arranging your life to make time for kids and family, while helping other people in the process.

4. I am thankful for my business. We have been blessed with good clients in these tough times. This has also been a learning experience of major proportions.

5. I am thankful for my friends. A secret to success is to surround yourself with people with a good heart that will always truthfully give advice when asked. That is if you are brave enough to solicit it. I have many...

6. I am thankful for Benny. He is teaching me patience (and trying my patience sometimes). He is funny, witty, loves preschool, makes friends easily, has a good heart and loves his parents unconditionally.

That's enough for now.

1 comment:

Ed. Tritschler said...

Back in the early 70's I heard dr. Paul Faulkner of ACU speak.
He said
" Watching the ten o'clock news did for your mind before sleep what a midnight coke and pizza would do to your stomach."
I rarely watch the news!!!!