Wednesday, October 12, 2005


I can't believe it's another Wednesday. Time to gear up to teach the kids tonight. It has been encouraging to read and teach on Hebrews 11. What I try to do with these kids is take these "characters" and make them into real living, breathing people to talk about. After all, can't we all relate to someone that faces rejection because they are doing what is right and not neccessarily easy? (Noah's neighbors probably thought he was crazy as a loon for building that big contraption).

The heroes in Heb 11 were far from perfect. They had triumphs and tragedies in their lives. Just like us. Above all they lived with faith (11:13). I can certainly relate to this. I can also relate to Hebrews 12:1. Am I the best husband I can be? No (I'm sure G will agree). Do I get tangled up with pride, anger, greed...yes. Do I have faith in Christ? Yes. Do I have hope? Absolutely. I have faith, and am continually encouraged by good people around me.

Just like I would ask the kids in class--Are you are surrounding yourself with a good cloud of faithful friends?

No comments: