Sunday, July 09, 2006


While we should always be striving for something, Benny has this down to a science. If it's not the ceiling fan, it is bubbles.

Today my friend Edward did the preaching, and I would have loved to hear the word. Alas, G and I had nursery duty. Needless to say, by the time it was all said and done..we were tired. It's hard to complain with so many great babies at church. I look at those kids and just imagine what life will bring them. Who will be Benny's best friend? Will he go on a date with any of these kiddos? I am reminded that G and I need to be excellent parents, in the sense of exposing Benny to a loving family and a loving God.

After dropping Avion off at his house, we found a dim sum restaurant on Olive Blvd. I'm thinking that Dim Sum means "this food smells like fish". While I can't claim to be a great fan, it was a fun outing. When it comes to Oriental food..I'll take Thai any day of the week!

Has it been mentioned that I have a great wife. Lately she has been a good counselor. During these past few weeks, it has been difficult to hand over worries to God. Whether it is challenges with family relationships, or business-related issues...I have been stubborn to put them on God's shoulders. THis morning she gave me a great talking-to. Sort of like George C. Scott portraying Patton in the opening scenes, she began telling me the facts, and reminding me what matters in this life. She had me listen to some great music to think about the way I am handling stress (or not handling stress). If you want to be humbled, listen to "Who Am I", by Casting Crowns.

As with daydreaming about Benny and those kids in the nursery, I can't help but daydream about what God has in store for G and I. For now, I'll just keep working at giving God the load...the extra sleep will surely come in handy. After all, tomorrow is my day with Benny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now we had lots of bubbles last week here at the house with Carissa. I don't guess I have met a child that didn't like bubbles.

As for letting God handle our worries. It is a difficult thing to let the Lord worry for us and handle our cares. We are so conditioned to always "tie a knot at the end of our rope and hang on" that we don't realize that if we just let go God will not let us free fall only to fall flat on our backs. He gently catches us and lifts us back up. Only now he has our worries and we can begin to put our priorities back in place and see things more clearly. It's very humbling and empowering at the same time.

Here's to a worry free day with Benny.

Laura

Ed. Tritschler said...

A long time ago somehow I learned to say thank you to God more than to ask God for something.
Be thankfull in all circumstances is Paul's message to all of us.
I wonder how many father's are blessed to spend every Monday with their kids. Wow!!!! what a blessing God and Gerry have given you.