Monday, October 09, 2006


I'm not sure what has happened to the pictures from the previous posts, but here is Benny doing what he loves-just playing. This is a plane that I played with growing up.

Last night was a great win for the team, although the first inning wasn't looking too good for Carpenter. If you managed to see Kenny Rogers pitch an agressive game for Detroit the other night, you saw an inspiring game (for the over-40 crowd). His ball was breaking big, and he had a great intensity showing on his face. That is what sparked Detroit to win the series, in my mind.

Aaron and I drove down to Birmingham this weekend to pick up a piano for his wife. Along the way, there were legions of Nascar fans going to Talladega. I'm not really a fan of racing, but ended up watching the last few laps of the race. Wow, what a finish. I'm sure it was bittersweet for the winner (# 25-don't know his name). He bumped his 2nd place teammate as he was making his move to pass Earnhart Jr on the last lap. That bump caused him to careen into #8 (Jr), taking them out of the race. #25 cruised on to win. The funny thing, everyone was throwing beer cups and booing him as he exited his car in victory. Oh well, I guess that's racing.

2 comments:

Conni H. said...

I HAD THAT SAME PLANE, and loved it! It is a wonderful thing to see our children play with our toys from our childhood, but is sure makes me feel old!

Choley said...

I played with that same plan at Nenes all the time!