Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Last Saturday was a bit chilly, but we braved the elements and made our annual trek to the Pumpkin Patch. Benny had been sounding off all week about getting a pumpkin for Halloween. He wanted to search the field over, pick out the best one, then cart it home to carve a mean face in it. That's my boy!
We pulled into Rombach Farms and I instantly sensed trouble... a new mascot. Benny has always hated big people in costumes. It borders on the obsessive, even though I tell him it's just a guy in a costume, getting paid $10/hour! Please allow me to name a few "offenders" from his past:
1. Fredbird (STL Cardinals mascot). This will not bode well as he gets older.
2. The Pioneer Guy (Kirkwood High School mascot).
3. The Easter Bunny. He insisted the bunny leave all candy at the front door.
4. Santa Clause.
5. Clowns in general.
6. The "Eat Mor Chikin" cow from Chic-Fil-A.
7. Ronald McDonald.
8. The Red Robin bird guy, courtesy of Rombach Farms.
If that's the worst of his fears, he'll do alright. It'll just drive his family nuts.
Posted by Guatorean Daddy at 2:30 PM