Tuesday, March 20, 2007



In almost 10 years of marriage, G and I have never had the luxury of living close to immediate family. Pre-Benny this was usually never a challenge. We simply booked a flight, or hopped in the car to make our visits. As Benny grows, it is evident that there's a certain blessing of being able to have family fairly close by.

This weekend we had Geri's sister and her family over. The girls love playing with Benny-and vice versa. It good to see both Darrel and my buddy "Wib" from Atlanta. When Wib flew in, I drove him to Festus (MO) to see his client. The bonus is that a client of mine was next door to his appointment. Realizing this, I popped in to touch base with Paul and hear some info about a recent mission trip he took to West Africa with his business partners. My goal is to really know the builders I serve. Times like this to share are priceless.

Here's some pics from the weekend.

------------------
By the way, Jenna...Jimmy was right. Nerd alert! You need help! Find some other books.


2 comments:

Amanda and Jason said...

That dancing picture of Benny is adorable! How did they get that pose?

Don't be vague. Tell me why Jenna is a nerd. It must be really bad if JIMMY is calling her a nerd!

Guatorean Daddy said...

Amanda,
Here is Jenna's words from her response to a few posts ago. Also, I was working when they got Benny to dance. It doesn't suprise me, because he does Yoga poses "on demand".
-------Jenna G said...
Life is so boring without our fellow dorks! You're in good company.

I was reading a book while waiting for Jack's kindergarten to get to the point that I was supposed to be helping them with and as class came to an end, the actual aide asked what I had been reading. I replied honestly and from the look on her face I realized that she was expecting me to report on the latest romance novel or something. She was not expecting my reply of "it's a book about genetics and the role it plays in the intellectual development of children". When I relayed the story to Jimmy he was very supportive as he smirked and replyed "Geek check--BUSTED."