Friday, June 10, 2005

I have finally managed to squeeze a in few holes of golf today. What I like about golf and skiing isn't necessarily the sporting activity, but getting to know the people I am spending the time with. This philosophy is vastly different than when I was in my 20's. I still have the competitive fires inside me, but I guess they have mellowed with age. Today Aaron Robinson and I shared a cart, and just had a good time. We both have alot going on in our lives, but he is definitely busy with a sick and pregnant wife, a little girl, buying a home, being in charge at work, teaching a class on Sundays, getting a house ready to sell. The list goes on. He has a good heart, and a great work ethic. I think he got this from his mom. When Aaron was growing up, Mrs Robinson was a single mom, raising 3 boys in Mt Vernon MO. Kinda reminds me of an old friend Andy, from back home. I am always amazed at single women trying to hold a family together. If you are interested in our scores. We didn't keep them. I did beat Aaron in the lost ball category (1-0), and the sandtrap category (4-1).

No comments: