Saturday, April 16, 2005

Lets S-tablish where home is

Sometimes in my inner thoughts, I cringe at the fact that we moved from Colorado. We miss our friends, the good restaurants, seeing the mountains with a little dusting of snow on the peaks...most of all our friends, and Littleton C of C. This weekend all I can think about is how glad I am to be here in St Louis, where we are a bit more accessable for family to visit (and vice versa). My sister and her little daughter have been visiting, and it has been a blast so far. We have hit the zoo, walked around, spent time at the park...I'm beginning to think that everything this little one likes, begins with the letter "S". Let's examine my theory: Squirrels, Sticks, Slides, Sand, Sandboxes, Sandbox Toys, Swing Sets, Sandwiches, the list goes on. Tonight I hope there will be plenty of Shampoo and Soap. That little girl is a ball of dirt head to toe.

So I ponder about living in a beautiful state like Colorado-the obsession of most of my life, versus being able to spend a weekend with family, living right back in the same state I grew up in. No Contest. Meet Me In St Louie! I can always catch a plane to the mtns.

No comments: