Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dateline: August 24, 2005
Peru, Indiana.

According to reports, a custodian for the First Baptist Church (Peru, IN) was busted for Felony Manufacturing of Methamphetamine. He was cooking the stuff right there in the church building. Clearly this guy isn't the brightest bulb in the room, but wouldn't this make him a METHodist instead of a Baptist?

I know-bad joke.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050824/NEWS01/508240503

--------------------
On a more serious note, I think it is important to find something that inspires you. I'm not talking about cheering when someone conquers Everest or K2, but being inspired by the way people handle adversity and pain after great losses. I have had 3 cousins that have had children pass away. They have managed to turn their sorrows into a living message of Faith. They are sad and grieve, way more than others could ever, ever realize. They have used sorrow to bring glory to God. This has affected children in other continents, students, friends, co-workers. The list goes on. This inspires me more than Jerry Maguire. Isn't this the way God intended it? The same with M & P in OKC, and of course my "hero"-Granny. Makes me think Heaven will be a blast when everyone can be reunited. No tears there!

No comments: