Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Touching The Fan

I love kids. They have enthusiasm. If you want a supersized example of youthful exuberance, just watch American Idol.

Here at the homestead I call this enthusiasm "Touching The Fan". Benny has more than a passing interest in all things above. Not figurative, but literal. He cranes his head to see lights and ceiling fans. In his room he will sit and stare endlessly upwards at the rotating, white blades. Like a soul in need of mercy he lifts his small hands Heavenward. He doesn't know and understand physics. His tiny little legs cannot possibly lift his body high enough to feel what he sees. He has faith though. You can see it in his eyes and hear it in his shallow breathing. He lifts his hands to Touch The Fan because his Father will eventually see, and help him to his goal. I see and I do. I want him to experience sucesses, even at a young age. The payoff of reaching his goal is spying a priceless smile of amazement. You would think he was the first to touch a buried treasure from the looks of his little face.

I challenge you (because I am mainly talking to myself) in trusting the Father to help you Touch The Fans you are currently reaching for. Trust Your Father in what you are reaching for, and foster a noble enthusiasm for those around you. After all we are surrounded by people that are reaching for something. Allow The Father to lift you up.

2 comments:

Jason Harbison said...

Good post! I know that at times we forget to "Allow The Father to lift you up" - I think that is when I fall the most is when I try to do it on my own.

Conni H. said...

alright Eric- I must know... Did God Himself call you and tell you to post this....?? b/c it is exactly what I needed to hear!

Thanks.