Monday, January 16, 2006

two halves


There was a slight drizzle tonight. Not to be undeterred, we bundled Benny up and donned our jackets to go stroller jogging. With the Georgetown to Idaho Springs 1/2 marathon looming around the corner in August, I need to get on the stick!

Good news. With the new Korean adoption regs coming out in February, they are placing emphasis on adoptive parents who are Korean in heritage. The wait is 1/2 the normal time. This is great. To space our kids apart, we can have more 1 on 1 time with Benny.

Here's a pic before we went jogging tonight.

2 comments:

Conni H. said...

Eric,
I admire your dedication to jog in this weather! Good for you. After Geri and I talked the other day, I have been thinking a lot about you and your family and the decisions that you are being forced to look at. I have been praying for you and I want you to know that I believe that God will lead you in the direction that He wants for you to go. Blessings to you and yours.

Much love,
Conni

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog entries and some of those of your friends. You seem to have quite a head full of knowledge. I was wondering if I could ask you some questions...I grew up in the Church of Christ. But the older I got the more I felt like I was in a faith of hypocrisy. Not just my church but the whole faith. I was taught that if you sin you go to hell and that we dont rely on the Grace of our God. Well we sin everyday, Grace is one of the only things we can rely on. How horrible to think that I accidently did something wrong right as I die, and think that I was going to hell because of it. I was raised to think that if I used any Bible besides the King James I was going to hell. We as a Church of Christ were quick to judge everyone who wasnt "COC" I was a strong believer in my religon and now I feel like I was pushed away. I am now attending a Baptist church. They are involved in the community, very uplifting, non-judgemental. They also teach about that Grace which I believe, and its not just the once your saved just sit back and relax, it is actually a "live faithfully" attitude.

I just dont understand, what makes the "COC" so perfect. I always heard of there being too liberal of congregations. Well there is such a thing as too conservative too. Any words of enlightenment.